Another month gone! W.H.A.T?!
So anyway, I read a lot more books than I’d expected to, and while I didn’t manage to re-read Unspoken or finish Measure for Measure for Shakespeare month, I did read a total of nine books!
HERE IS WHAT I READ IN JANUARY ’14:
- A Spy in the House (The Agency #1) by Y. S. Lee – 4 STARS, see also: my review
- The Body at the Tower (The Agency #2) by Y. S. Lee – 5 STARS, even better than ASitH!
- The Body in the Library: A Miss Marple Mystery by Agatha Christie – 4 STARS, didn’t expect the killer/s and there were some funny dialogues. A cozy read.
- Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian (re-read) – 5 STARS, still one of my all-time favorites!
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R. R. Martin – ?????, world-building & characters & finery for details, etc = 5 stars; personal enjoyment = 4 stars
- Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson #7) by Patricia Briggs – 4 STARS, not as memorable as the previous books, but I just lovelovelove the characters!
- Candlelight by Sara C. Roethle – 2.5 STARS, a short e-story; appreciate the details & the ending, but not realistic enough – the human reactions are too simple to be human.
- The MacGregor Grooms (The MacGregors #10) by Nora Roberts – 4.5 STARS, The MacGregor Brides will remain the weakest of all series. I wasn’t impressed by D.C.’s story (except for Daniel The MacGregor’s scheming skills), but Duncan’s story was better (maybe because we see a bit more of Daniel, Anna, Serena and Justin?) and Ian’s story was the best! <3
- The MacGregors: Robert ~ Cybil (The MacGregors #9, 11) by Nora Roberts – 5 STARS, hands down. I totally fell in love with Darcy and her somewhat innocent yet fun-loving character in The Winning Hand. The fact that it took place in Las Vegas in a casino made the whole deal more un-real, which was what I really needed at the time. And when I thought it couldn’t be topped… along came The Perfect Neighbor with sunny, helpful and just a little bit noisy Cybil (and we finally get to see Gennie and Grant again!!!) and anti-social Preston. Happy sigh.
I HAVE NO TBR FOR FEBRUARY, DEAL WITH IT!