My summer project will last fourteen weeks if everything goes as planned. This week was the first one and I’m here to report on my progress!
So the plan was to read at least five books or parts (classics only) a week and review every book I read. I’m happy to be able to write: July, first week = success!
So here is what I read and reviewed:
- July 1st, Monday: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Part VI (Chapters 51 – 61)
- July 2nd, Tuesday: Below Stairs by Margaret Powell
- July 3rd, Wednesday: The Final Warning by James Patterson
- July 4th, Thursday: Cranford by Elizabeth C. Gaskell, Part I (Chapters 1 – 5)
- July 7th, Sunday: Cranford by Elizabeth C. Gaskell, Part II and III (Chapters 6 – 16)
The review of Cranford will go up tomorrow.
I already have a list of books I’d like to read for this project (about 60 or more books if I take a few classics into account, otherwise 70) and one category of them is Urban Fantasy. Let me show you a picture –
I intend to finish the Dark Swan series (need the last book, Shadow Heir, for that, though), Darkness Rising series (The Gathering is a re-read) and Women of the Otherworld (or just plain Otherworld) series, out of which I will be re-reading Frostbitten and Waking the Witch.
I also want to continue Georgina Kincaid series but I’ll have to buy the rest of the series, so that’s not on my list.
More books will follow on following categories: High Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Miscellaneous, YA Contemporary 1, YA Contemporary 2 and Classics (I’m waiting for two ordered books to arrive for the Classics).