Cuz I’m insatiable when it comes to having books – yes, I’m ashamed – I placed a HUGE order – orders, actually – and it’s not easy to be stern with myself when my inner child is singing with joy.
- Beautiful Days by Anna Godbersen – Book #2 in Bright Young Things series. I’m not starting the series till I got them all, I still need The Lucky Ones but I can’t afford too many hardcovers in a month (both Poison and Every Day are hardbacks).
- I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore – Book #1 in Lorien Legacies series. Sounded too good to pass up.
- Privilege by Kate Brian – a spin-off series starring Ariana Osgood.
I actually intended to buy Private #7 & #8 as well as Privilege #2, but I’m treading cautiously here. See? I’m trying to be good. (Won’t/Can’t bite back to sass, though.)Oh, f*** it. I’m getting them.
- Ambition by Kate Brian – Private #7
- Revelation by Kate Brian – Private #8
- Beautiful Disaster by Kate Brian – Privilege #2
- Persuasion by Jane Austen – the wonderful Wordsworth edition! I have yet to read Emma, but I’ve read all other Big Novels by her.
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens – another Wordsworth copy. My mom got me David Copperfield for my eighteenth birthday (because I wished for it) and she said that the clerk gave her a funny look, as in, why would you, a middle-aged Asian woman, want to read an English classic? I bristled at that. That’s SUCH a discrimination! I’m reading that as soon as I start and finish Anna Karenina because my sister started reading it aloud for me (just a few pages) and I don’t want to hurt her feelings.
- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley – It sounds very well thought-out, and Thomas wrote an amazing review praising the book, so I’m giving it a go.
- Kiss & Blog by Alyson Noel – yes, I didn’t like her Evermore. I didn’t bother to read the second book. But her stand-alones do sound good, and I’ve been wanting to read Kiss & Blog since the first time I read the synopsis. And I have to get the old cover before they run out of print. The old cover has a sunny cover that carries both fun and maturity over. We’ll have to see if the cover and the content stand in correlation.